- Location -- Its centrally located position, right next to the Termini Railway Station, makes for an easy walk to the main sites of Rome, such as the Coliseum, Imperial Forums, the Trevi Fountain, the National Roman Museum and the Basilica of St. Mary Major. Its proximity to the Termini Railway Station and the hub of the subway system enables you to move around the city easily, and the direct airport train, taking you to and from the Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino airport, is available only a short walk away at the Termini Railway Station.
- Guest Rooms -- All of the 251 rooms and 7 Suites at the Hotel Mediterraneo were inspired by Déco rationalism and although they have undergone renovations, redecorations and modernizations, their original 1940s` furnishings have remained unchanged throughout the years.
- Hardwood floors, high ceilings and large windows give an old-world atmosphere to the guests roooms. Tradition, luxury, comfort, and an attention to detail are all features of the rooms at the Hotel Mediterraneo. All rooms are sound-proofed, have their own air conditioning controls, telephone, mini-bar, colour TV with international channels and in-room safe.
- On the tenth floor are 7 sunlit and luxuriously furnished suites with special attention to each detail, including large bathtubs with hydrojets and terraces from which it is possible to enjoy an extraordinary view of the historic center of Rome..
- Restaurants: The Ristorante 21 is a elegant and warm ambiance, decorated with antique paintings and a mosaic hunting scene by D`Urso. A private room is also available. Open from 12 noon to 3 pm and again from 5 pm to 11:30 pm, this refined, warm and friendly atmosphere has maintained the original style of a more elegant period. The menu highlights traditional Italian cuisine. Ask the Maître D` at Ristorante 21 to suggest one of the restaurant`s gastronomic delights. Complement your meal with one of the many vintage wines, which by tradition are especially chosen by the Bettoja family to enhance the menu selections.
The Roof Garden offers delicious cuisine for al fresco lunching and dining from sring to early autumn.
- Bar: The Main Lobby Bar located in Hotel Mediterraneo`s Grand Lobby, with an exceptional bar counter in alabaster and Venini crystal, together with inlad panels showing a rebus – still undecyphered! - and Bacchus with grape harvesters.
In the winter, the bar is open from 6:30 to 12:00 midnight, while from late sprinf to early autumn, the bar moves to the tenth floor to the panoramic Roof Bar Terrace. Taking a break becomes a real pleasure while enjoying a drink, while admiring the view of Saint Peter`s, the Forum, and Rome’s baroque domes. Besides delicious dining, both hot and cold sandwiches, salads and other appetizers can be ordered here and for room service.