|DAY 1: Depart from USA
- Board your international flight from USA to start your journey back on time to the ancient land. 2 Meals will be served on board of your overnight flight.
|DAY 2: Arrive Delhi
- Upon arrival, garland welcome greeting at airport. Transfer to your hotel and enjoy VIP check-in, with a refreshing welcome drink.
- Delhi The capital of India, serves as a kaleidoscope, depicting the beautiful country of India. It also houses a treasure of monuments expressing the saga of a bygone era. These icons are testimony to the grandeur of past. The charm of Delhi has attracted Emperors, Conquerors, and the poor equally. It is correctly said that Delhi is a land of Dilwalas or people with heart. From a string of historical monuments to modern commercial centers, Delhi has evolved into an exceptional and dynamic city, offering a wealth of shopping and sightseeing activities. Overnight at your hotel.
|DAY 3: Delhi, Full Day Tour
- After breakfast, enjoy a tour of Old Delhi. Visit The Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, and Raj Ghat. The magnificent Red Fort (Lal Qila) was built in the 17th century, and constructed by the Mugal Emperor Shahjahan. It served as the Capital city of the Mugal Empire until 1857.
- Also visit Jama Masjid, considered to be the largest Mosque in India. Walk down the narrow lanes of a typical Indian Bazaar, Chandni Chowk where traditional wholesale traders still thrive selling their goods to major retailers. Later visit Raj Ghat, where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated.
- Afternoon, enjoy a tour of New Delhi. Visit the Qutub Minar, India Gate, Parliament House, Laxmi Narayan Temple [Birla Mandir], Connaught Place, and Government buildings. Overnight at your hotel.
- Meal: Breakfast
|DAY 4: Delhi, Agra By Surface (204 KMS / 4.5 HRS)
- After breakfast, drive to Agra. Upon arrival, enjoy lunch and visit Taj Mahal and Agra Fort, the finest examples of Mugal architecture.
- The Taj Mahal (Closed on Friday) stands serene and awesome on a raised marble platform by the banks of the Yamuna, testifying to the timelessness of art and love. Shahjahan built the monument in memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. It has been called the most extravagant monument ever built for the sake of love. The construction of the Taj commenced in 1631, and was completed in 1653. Workers were gathered from all over the country and from Central Asia, and about 20,000 people were recruited to translate this wild dream into a reality. Its pure white marble shimmers silver in the soft moonlight, exudes a shell - pink glow at dawn, and at the close of the day, takes on the tawny, fiery hue of the majestic sun.
- Agra Fort, built by three of the greatest Mughal emperors. The construction of this massive structure began in 1565, under Akbar, and continued till the time of his grandson, Shahjahan. Armed with massive double walls, punctuated by four gateways, the fort houses palaces, courts, mosques, baths, gardens and gracious pavilions within its premises. Among the fascinating structures that are to be found within the fort is the red sandstone, Jehangiri Mahal built by Akbar for his Hindu queen Jodhabai, was one of the earliest constructions illustrating the forts change from a military structure into a Royal palace. Overnight at your hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
|DAY 5: Agra, Fatehpur Sikri, Jaipur By Surface (250 KMS / 5 HRS)
- After breakfast, drive to Jaipur. Enroute, visit Fatehpur Sikri. Phantoms of ancient pomp and splendor fill the deserted city, which was once a grandeur Capital city of the great Emperor Akbar, and now a silent witness to a vanished dream. Shortly after it was completed, this magnificent fortress was abandoned by Akbar, due to lack of adequate water supply.
- Upon arrival in Jaipur, enjoy VIP check-in at the hotel, with a refreshing welcome drink. Jaipur, also referred to by its romantic nickname, The Pink City because of the pink color of its royal buildings. It boasts the grand Amber Fort, the first royal residence of the Maharajas of Kachchwaha. Jaipur is also famous for the regions handicrafts and jewels. Overnight at your hotel.
- Meal: Breakfast
|DAY 6: Jaipur, Full Day City Tour
- After breakfast, visit Amber Fort. Ride up to the fort on a decorated elephant, similar to the ones used by the Maharajas in bygone eras. Situated atop a hill overlooking the city, Amber Fort was the old capital before the city of Jaipur was built. Ride on a decorated elephant to ascend the hill to the Palace.
- The construction of the Amber Fort began in the year 1592 and was started by Man Singh I, but it was later completed by his descendant Jai Singh I. The Palace is laid out at different levels on the hillside and surrounded by a fortress. The exterior of the fort is very imposing and rugged looking whereas the inside is a comforting and warm interior which is influenced by both Hindu and Muslim style of ornamentation.
- On the walls, are paintings depicting various hunting scenes, intricate carvings, mosaics, and minute mirror work that make the halls look majestic and imperial.
- Afternoon, visit Visit Jantar Mantar- Jai Singh and rsquos observatory, and Hawa Mahal or and Palace of Winds, The City Palace, Mubarak Hall, Chandra Mahal and Pothikhana, which house collection of paintings and manuscripts as well as the museum of Arms and Armory. Later, explore the colorful markets of Jaipur. Overnight at your hotel.
- Meal: Breakfast
|DAY 7: Jaipur, Mumbai, Cochin By Flight Jaipur, Mumbai (Jet Airways-9W #2374 @ 8:10 am- 9:45 am) Mumbai, Cochin (Jet Airways-9W #2101 @ 10:35 am-12:20 pm)
- After early breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to Cochin, via Mumbai. Upon arrival in Cochin, meet and greet assistance at airport. Cochin - Queen of the Arabian Sea is the commercial capital of Kerala.
- Cochin has one of the finest natural harbors in the world, and was at one time, the major center of commerce and trade with the British, Arabs, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, etc. The imprints of its colorful past can be seen in the people and monuments of Cochin, even today.
- Afternoon, visit the local harbor and experience the working style of famous Chinese fishnets. These nets were introduced to the Cohin Harbor by the Chinese explorer Zheng He between 1350 to 1450.
- Evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and a spell binding Kathakali Dance performance. Overnight at your hotel.
- Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
|DAY 8: Cochin, Kumarakom By Surface (77 KMS / 1.5 HRS) Kumarakom, Alleppy By Boat (overnight)
- After breakfast, enjoy a panoramic city tour of Cochin. Sights include the Dutch Palace (Closed on Friday), St. Cruz Cathedral, the Church of San Francisco, and the Jewish Synagogue (Closed on Saturday). Later, drive to Kumarakom.
- This is the most picturesque area in the backwaters in the Kuttanad region, called the rice bowl of Kerala. Kumarakom is a quaint little village situated on the shores of the enchanting Vembanad Lake. Embark onto your houseboat.
- Enjoy lunch, and relax. Later, depart on your overnight cruise in the backwaters of Kerala, to Alleppey.
- Dinner and overnight on the houseboat.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
|DAY 9: Alleppy, Periyar By Surface (155 KMS / 4 HRS)
- After breakfast, disembark the houseboat in Alleppy. Drive to Periyar, and check into your hotel.
- Periyar is a nature reserve set high in the mountains of the Western Ghats on the border of Tamil Nadu.
- Afternoon, enjoy a visit to a Spice Plantation in Thekkady. The Thekkady spice plantation is one of the major spice plantations in Kerala. Here, you will see a variety of aromatic spices that are cultivated in different sections of the plantation. Overnight at your hotel.
- Meal: Breakfast
|DAY 10: Periyar, Trivandrum By Surface (270 KMS / 5 HRS)
- After breakfast, visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, and enjoy a Boat Ride on Lake Periyar. Periyar is the finest sanctuary for viewing and photographing Indian Wild Elephants. Here, you will may also see some of India exotic wildlife such as the Sambar, Barking deer, Wild Boars, Tigers, Panthers, Wild Goats, Spotted Deer, Leopard.
- Afternoon, drive to Trivandrum. Trivandrum, now called Thiruvananthapuram, is the capital of Kerala, the Gods own country is located at the southwestern tip of India, bordered by the Arabian Sea on the west and Tamil Nadu on the east. Trivandrum boasts a long shoreline with internationally renowned beaches, historic monuments, backwater stretches, and a rich cultural heritage. Upon arrival, check into, and overnight at your hotel.
- Meal: Breakfast
|DAY 11: Trivandrum, Cape Comorin, Trivandrum By Surface (87 Kms)
- After breakfast, drive to Kanya Kumari for a half day sightseeing tour which includes Kanyakumari Temple, Gandhi Memorial and Vivekananda Rock Memorial. Cape Comorin or Kanyakumari is the southern most tip of peninsular India. It is the confluence point of three oceans - the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea, and the Indian Ocean. Apart from this, it is also a vital Hindu pilgrim center, renowned for its exotic sunrises and sunsets over the horizon.
- One of the unique features of Kanyakumari is the multicolored sand found on its beach. Kanyakumari temple is dedicated to a manifestation of Parvati, the virgin goddess who did penance to obtain Lord Shivas hand in marriage. There are two rocks reaching out of the ocean, situated southeast of the Kumari Amman temple. One among these is Sri Padaparai, where the footprints of the virgin goddess are said to be imprinted on the rock. The Vivekananda Rock Memorial was built in 1970, as it is said that Swami Vivekananda sat in deep meditation in Kanyakumari. The Gandhi Memorial was built on the spot where the vase consisting the Mahatmas ashes was kept for public viewing before submersion.
- Drive back to Trivandrum and overnight at your hotel.
- Meal: Breakfast
|DAY 12: Trivandrum, Mumbai By Flight (Indian Airline-IC#668 @ 5:30 pm-7:30 pm)
- After breakfast, relax at your hotel. Later, enjoy a half-day tour of Trivandrum. Visit Kovalam Beach, Padmanabha Swamy Temple, Kuthiramalika Palace Museum, the Napier Museum, and Shree Chitra Art Gallery.
- Transfer to airport in time to board the flight to Mumbai. Upon arrival in Mumbai, transfer to the International Airport in time to board your flight to the U.S.
- Meal: Breakfast